The Ultimate Checklist When Choosing a Web Development Company

The Ultimate Checklist When Choosing a Web Development Company

Whether you’re a start-up business or been around awhile by now you would be aware of the extensive need for a business website. According to Retailing Today, 2014, ‘when it comes to ecommerce 81% of shoppers conduct online research before making big purchases’. So no I don’t just mean any old website slapped together, I mean a fully functional, well-designed website that portrays your business an

d its qualities. According to the Sensis eBusiness Report 2016 61% of small to medium businesses have a website, leaving 39% without this effective tool.

There are a few questions you ask yourself, do I create my own to save money or do I do it properly and hire the professionals?

Well there are a few things to consider when looking for the right company to create the perfect website for you.

It’s more often than not you hear the unsuccessful stories of web development companies. You feel yourself asking those unfortunate questions; Where are the good stories? Are they all the same? Is there hope for you still?

Yes, there are good companies out there that do provide you with the service that you expect and most the time exceed those expectations. Having a website developed, coded and designed can and most likely is an expensive exercise to invest into; one that you hope pays off right?

I can assure you that this process can pay off, however you need to ask yourself some essential questions to ensure you make the informed decision guaranteeing you the outcome you desire.

Don’t worry we’ve put together a bit of a check list for you;

  1. WEB DESIGN PORTFOLIO

Finding the perfect company is just like finding the right employee, so make sure when you are searching for the right web developers that you assess their previous and current clients. Don’t be afraid to ask them a few questions about their history, who their clients are big or small, and whether they still do work for them. This is a good way to tell how efficient their work is and how high profile they are. Most the time web develop companies do small mediocre website, and then lose their clients due to poor follow up and insufficient performance.

A great way to tell is looking through their testimonials and their reviews. No one makes a positive review if their experience wasn’t positive.

  1. HOW LONG HAVE THEY BEEN ESTABLISHED?

How long the business has been established and operating for is also a great tell-tale sign as to their work ethic and how successful they are at providing their clients with a great service that all companies promise but don’t always deliver. I don’t know about you but I probably wouldn’t be convinced to progress with a start-up company that has little to no experience with one developing websites and two dealing with customers. You can more times than not guarantee they won’t be up to scratch and therefor leave you disappointed and adding to the negative stories out there.

  1. DO THEY UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU WANT?

Most companies will sit down with you and go through exactly what you want and how you think the website should be. This is great because you’ll soon pick up whether they understand what you want and know how to give this to you.

If you feel like you’re constantly explaining yourself then they probably don’t understand the end game and therefor this is a warning sign.

So if you’re looking for the right professionals to create your desired website call us today and run through the checklist. Call Xceed today on 03 8804 0820 or brows our website at Xceed Development.

 

Share